|Pingu's Family Celebrate Christmas|
|Season 02, Episode 09|
|Date||December 25, 1992|
|Previous||Pingu the Chef|
|Next||Pingu Goes Away|
It's Christmas Eve, and Pingu and his family are getting ready for Christmas. Pingu and Pinga help their mother make some biscuits, and then they go out with their father to help choose a Christmas tree. Pinga suggests they buy the biggest Christmas tree on still, but Pingu thinks they need something a little smaller. When Dad picks one that is just right, Pinga pays the seller and they set off for home.
As Dad puts up the tree into place, Mum brings out the wrapped presents to put under it. As she makes her way across, she trips over a rope and drops the presents. Dad points out how careless and clumsy Mum was, not looking where she was walking. Mum argues that Dad should not have left it lying around. This argument gets so heated that Pingu and Pinga become very upset and tell them to make up in the true spirit of Christmas, which they do.
Mum then makes Pingu and Pinga to go into the igloo whilst she and Dad decorate the Christmas tree. Once the door is locked and the keyhole is covered up with snow, Pingu and Pinga wrap up their parent's presents to some festive music on the record player. When Mum lets them out again, Pingu and Pinga take their presents out to the tree and are surprised when they see it all decorated. The family then all exchange their gifts; Mum gets a red muff for two hands and Das gets a black and white spotted bow tie, Pingu gets a book, a ball and some blue earmuffs while Pinga gets a teddy bear, a pacifier and a new red scarf. As night falls over the landscape and the sound of church bells chimes across the sky, the Christmas tree's lights light up with the stars and the family all sing Silent Night.
- In some broadcasts, the first shot of this episode has been a shot of the Antarctic mountains before we see Pingu's family's advent calendar.
- This episode was featured in "Children's Favorites: A Christmas Treasure" in the United States.
- This is the first Christmas themed episode of the series.
- There should have been a star decoration on top of the Christmas tree.
- When Pingu and Pinga return from collecting the Christmas tree, the present that Dad brought home earlier suddenly disappears from the coat hooks by the door.
- The rope that Mum trips over appears out of nowhere.