Music Lessons (sometimes known as Pingu Has Music Lessons or Pingu Has Music Lessons From His Grandfather) is the sixteenth episode of the first season.
While Mother watches Father making a cake, Pinga is playing her bugle. At this Pingu gets out his accordion and makes an awful noise. Then when Pingu starts using it like a yo-yo, Mother sends Pingu outside despite how much Pinga enjoyed it.
Meanwhile, Pingu sees some penguins talking. He tries to play his accordion again, but they all flee and lock themselves in their igloos at the sound of it. Eventually, Pingu arrives at Grandpa's igloo to find him playing his own accordion. Pingu is amazed at how well he does it. Grandpa greets Pingu with a welcoming tune and asks him to do like-wise. At the piercing noise that follows, Grandpa offers to give Pingu some music lessons and they soon become as good as each other and are playing perfectly together.
Pingu then goes home to play his accordion with his family and surprises his parents with his perfect playing. They like the tune so much, Pinga taps her potty to the beat with a stick, and the parents clap. Pingu feels very happy indeed.
- Two of the neighbours are actually being portrayed with Pingu's parents' models.
- Grandpa on Father's side is introduced in this episode.
- In The Adventures of Pingu audiocassette, the local penguins were actually Mrs. Peng-Sniff and some other penguins complaining about how troublesome children can be, although given Pingo and Pingg's presence at the conversation, this probably wasn't the case.
- The original version of this episode contained copyrighted music which The Pygos Group failed to get clearance from the Music Publishers Holding Company (now Warner Music Group). The redubbed version contained a new piece of music for which MPHC did give Pygos the permission to use.
- Oddly, the piece in the original version was used in the My Friend Pingu application.