Pingu, Pinga and their mother are having a quiet day inside. Pingu is building towers with blocks, but they keep falling down, much to his dismay. Meanwhile, Mother lays Pinga down in her cradle and rocks her to sleep. Pingu goes to his mother for help with his blocks, but she is too busy knitting clothing for Pinga.
When Pingu goes over to Pinga, she wakes up and begins to cry. Mother comforts her and plays with her, much to Pingu's annoyance. Pingu desperately tries to get attention by acting like a baby, jumping up and down on Pinga's bed, putting the chamber pot on his head and banging it with a spoon, wearing the bedsheets on his head and pretending to be sick. Mother just ignores him and keeps playing with Pinga.
Pingu eventually gives up and climbs into the toy chest, feeling miserable. Realising how sad she has made Pingu, Mum apologises and hugs him, and he falls asleep with Pinga.
- The scene where Pingu pretends to be sick was once cut in the USA because some viewers found it inappropriate.
- The flag on top of Pingu's igloo resembles the flag of the Dominican Republic.
- When the episode was released on VHS by the BBC, as Pingu cries as he enters his toy chest he just looks at Mother and then she comes over and tends to him, ignoring an added shot of the telephone scene from The New Arrival as it rings. The most likely reason as to why this edit was done was to not make it seem like Pingu was trying to harm himself.
- The Canadian title card says "Pingu Get Jaleous". It should say "Pingu Gets Jealous".
- When the episode was released on VHS by the BBC, there was an editing goof. Because stock footage from The New Arrival is used, some of Father's dialogue is accidentally heard in the next shot of Pingu and Mother.