Jealousy (sometimes known as Pingu is Jealous or Pingu Gets Jealous) is the sixth episode of the first season.
Pingu, Pinga and their mum are spending the day inside. Pingu is building towers with blocks, but to his dismay they keep falling down. Despite Mum's efforts, Pinga does not want to go to bed - until Mum rocks her to sleep. Pingu goes to his mother for help with his blocks, but she is too busy knitting clothing for Pinga.
Pingu looks at Pinga, who notices that she is in bed. She starts to cry and is comforted and given attention by Mum, who continues to apparently ignore Pingu. Pingu desperately tries to get attention by behaving like a baby, jumping up and down on the Pinga's bed, kicking a chamber pot around it, putting the chamber pot on his head and banging it with a spoon, pretending to be a ghost and then lies out on top of Pinga's bed pretending to be sick. Mum just ignores him or tells him to go away, so he gives up and jump into toy box, feeling neglected and miserable. Realising how sad she has made Pingu, Mum apologises and hugs him, and lets him join Pinga as she rocks her to sleep.
- For some reason, on BBC Video releases, the telephone is seen, which is stock footage from "The New Arrival", because of this, when Pingu climbs into the toy box, and as he cries, he just looks at his mother and then she comes over and tends to him, ignoring the telephone as it rings. In most versions, the shot of Pingu crying is extended to show him shutting himself up in the box, then Mother coming over, opening up the box, and apologizing. It's likely the shot of the telephone was an editing error.
- The scene where Pingu pretends to be sick was once cut in the USA because some viewers found it inappropriate.
- The flag on top of Pingu's igloo resembles the flag of the Dominican Republic, except for the penguin on it.
- On BBC Video releases, when the phone rings, because stock footage from "The New Arrival" is used at this point, some of Father's dialogue is accidentally heard in the next shot of Pingu and Mother.
- A title card of this episode misspelled it as "Pingu Get Jaleous", when it should have said "Pingu Gets Jealous".